Wapping Group Practice - Practice Nurse
Wapping Group Practice is offering an exciting opportunity for a Practice Nurse to work within a well-established, friendly and innovative team. This is a permanent part time/Full time Practice Nurse role for 16 – 24 hours a week to work in a well-established nursing team.
We are welcoming applications from qualified practice nurses. Salary depends on experience.
We are looking for a candidate who is enthusiastic, dedicated and can demonstrate the ability to give a friendly, caring and professional nursing service to our 11,500 patients. This includes Cytology, Wound care, Removal of Sutures/clips, Asthma and COPD management, Diabetes management, Childhood/DES immunisations, requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs, and chronic disease management and evaluation of care. They will work collaboratively with the general practice team to meet the needs of the patients.
We are based at Wapping High Street, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from Wapping London Overground Station. We are a well-respected, established training and teaching practice with a fully comprehensive team of doctors (8), Nurses (3), pharmacists (3), HCA (2), Physician Associate (1) and the support team (12).
We highly value both our patients and our staff, and can offer good CPD opportunities as experience increases.
Closing date: Monday 14th November 2022
St Andrews Health Centre- Receptionist x2
We are currently recruiting for 2 Receptionist (Patient Assistant) positions:
Desirable : EMIS WEB experience or NHS Experience
Salary: £11.05 per – The Living Wage rate applies to all employees
All our applicants must 18 and above
Post 1: 40 Hours a week
Weekly Hours 40
- Monday 10.30 to 18.30
- Tuesday 7.45 to 3.45
- Wednesday 7.45 to 3.45
- Thursday 10.30 to 18.30
- Friday 7.45 to 3.45
Post 2: Weekly Hours 40
- Monday 12 to 8
- Tuesday 10.30 to 18.30
- Wednesday 12 to 8
- Thursday 12 to 8
- Friday 7.45 to 3.45
Main duties of the job
- Care of patients
- Process requests for repeat prescriptions according to practice guidelines
- Book interpreter/advocates as requested
- If possible assist with interpreting as necessary
- Process requests for patient transport
- Deal with patient samples in a clinically safe manner
- Promote and maintain high levels of hygiene and control of clinical infection are in place
- Encourage patients to engage with the practice through making comments and suggestions through patient questionnaire and other ways of getting patient feedback
- To be a first point of contact for patients requiring general information relating to the practice, procedures, registration finance etc
- Post should be opened, stamped, and sorted to the appropriate persons
- Deliveries should be received, signed for and stored appropriately
- Notes should be made up and stored appropriately
- Fees for non-NHS services should be received and appropriately recorded
- Filing, scanning and retrieval of paperwork
- Registrations and deductions
- Information entered on the clinical system should be clear and accurate.
- To provide general administrative support as required
- Provide cover for members of the team during episodes of sickness or annual leave
We are Bromley by Bow Health – We do more than providing NHS General Practice Services. We are at the cutting edge of community development work in health care and believe that health is so much more than the absence of disease.
The Bromley By Bow Health Partnership is currently seeking a Patient Assistant to join our very busy practice of 14,500 patients at St Andrews Health Centre
Closing date: Wednesday 27th July 2022
St Pauls Way Medical Centre- Patient Assistant
We are looking for an experienced medical Receptionist (full-time/ part time ) to join our friendly team.You will need to have good communication and organisation skills and ideally experience of using EMIS Web, although this is not essential as training will be provided.
FULL TIME Salary £22K (per annum pro rata) depending on experience. NHS Pension available
Successful applicants are expected to work either an early or late shift: AM SHIFT - 7.45am - 15.40pm/ PM SHIFT- 12.15pm- 20:00pm/ 10.30-6.30PM
Odd Saturdays 9-5pm with time off in lieu during weekdays
Main duties of the job
You should be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception and administrative duties and the provision of general support to the multidisciplinary team. Duties can include but are not limited to, greeting and directing patients, patient registration, booking appointments, processing of information (electronic and hard copy) and assisting patients as required. To act as the central point of contact for patients, the distribution of information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team, liaising with multidisciplinary team members and external agencies such as secondary care and community service providers.
Based in East London we are large teaching practice which consists of 8 GPs, 4 nurses, pharmacist, 3 Physician Associates and other health care professionals, we offer the London Living Wage to all our front line staff and support teams on personal development and have great support structures internally to support the busy environment we work in
Closing date: Sunday 24th July 2022
Jubilee Street Practice- Advance Clinical Practitioner
We are looking for a flexible and experienced Advanced Clinical Practitioner of any background (e.g. nursing, pharmacy, paramedic science, physiotherapy) etc.) to join our lovely team in a large teaching practice in East London. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in a clinic or ED setting, and be able to manage a wide range of patient presentations within general practice. The clinics will be a mixture of urgent and routine, face-to-face and telephone consultations with patients, plus home visits when required for our housebound population. You will work closely with the GPs, registrars, AHPs and nursing team to provide excellent, timely care for our diverse population.
Main duties of the job
The Advanced Clinical Practitioner (ACP) will support the clinical team to assess, diagnose and treat patients with acute health complaints presenting to their GP surgery.
Welcome to The Jubilee Street Practice, we would love to have you on board. We are a friendly bunch who share a passion for health equality and delivering clinically excellent care to our diverse patient population of 15,000 patients. We are seeking a qualified GP to join our teaching practice, who shares our values and is looking to expand their skillset.
- At our last CQC inspection, Jubilee Street Practice was rated as Outstanding. We have embedded Quality Improvement methodology to deliver bottom-up change and real multi-disciplinary engagement.
- We are committed to working with the local community via our JSP Wellbeing Project (including exercise classes, social hubs and gardening outside the practice).
- Clinicians have their own clinical rooms assigned to see patients face-to-face, but are invited to spend the rest of the day working in our Patient Triage Centre (PTC) to take calls, do admin tasks and discuss cases with colleagues.
- We are committed to teaching medical students, nursing students, GP Trainees and other AHPs, and feel that sharing our experience with enthusiastic learners keeps us fresh and on our toes.
- We work collaboratively with the Tower Network PCN, and deliver Enhanced Services offering increased continuity of care.
- We are part of the GP Care Group federation, a Community Interest Company
Job responsibilities-Clinical practice• Assess, diagnose and treat patients with acute health complaints.
• Request and interpret investigations to inform diagnosis and management.
• Exercise professional judgement with a solid and accessible evidence base.
• Refer to secondary care or other primary care teams as required.
• Work with the wider MDT to ensure all patient needs are met.
• Maintain accurate clinical records on EMIS.
• Communicate effectively with patients and their advocates, plus other health and social care professionals where needed.
Click here to apply for this job
Closing date: Friday 29th July 2022
Harford Health Centre - x2 vacancies for Admin receptionist (25hrs over 5 days)
We are a busy GP practice in the heart of East London. We are looking for an experienced GP Receptionist/Administrator to be part of our friendly team.
Previous experience of the GP practice and EMIS is desirable however, must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. They must be able to work in a fast pacing, challenging and pressurised environment.
Main Duties of the Job
To be responsible for undertaking a wide range of reception and administrative duties and the provision of general support to the multidisciplinary team. Duties can include but are not limited to, greeting and directing patients, patient registration, booking appointments, processing of information (electronic and hard copy) and assisting patients as required. To act as the central point of contact for patients, the distribution of information, messages and enquiries for the clinical team, liaising with multidisciplinary team members and external agencies such as secondary care and community service providers.
- Maintaining and monitoring the practice appointment system
- Process personal, telephone and e-requests for appointments
- Answer incoming phone calls, transferring calls or dealing with the callers request appropriately
- Action all incoming communication in the generic email
- Signpost patients to the correct service
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Initiating contact with and responding to, requests from patients, team members and external agencies
- Process tasks assigned to the group and individually as requested
- Process all DNA texts in accordance with current policy
- Assist GP2GP tasks
- Read code data on Emis
- Photocopy documentation as required
- File and store records as required
- Data entry of new and temporary registrations and relevant patient information as required
- Input data into the patient’s healthcare records as necessary
- Scanning of patient related documentation and attaching scanned documents to patient’s healthcare records
- Process requests for information for safeguarding letters and DVLA forms to the administrative team
- Manage all queries (including administrative queries) as necessary in an efficient manner
- Maintain a clean, tidy, effective working area at all times
- Monitor and maintain the reception area and notice boards
- Support all clinical staff with general tasks as requested
- Booking Advocacy Service as required
Harford Health Centre is a Primary Care Provider in the heart of East London. We provide a high quality medical care to our registered list of 10,000 patients through our committed and compassionate team of 12 Clinical and 16 Administrative staff.
If you share our passion, vision and values for the community and thrive to be part of a dynamic and supportive team, then we would be delighted to hear from you
Please contact Practice Manager Shamina Khantun on 0207 790 1059 to find out more information. CVs and covering letters can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Island Health - Practice Manager
Salary £55,000 – £60,000 per year (dependent on experience)
Full-time 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Practice Manager at Island Health, a GP practice, due to the retirement of the current practice manager after 22 years’ service. Island Health is located on the Isle of Dogs, East London, providing healthcare to a growing list size, currently 15,500 patients. The practice is part of the Tower Hamlets GP Care Group, the local GP Federation. The borough has a diverse, dynamic and multi-cultural patient population
The successful candidate will have strong management skills, experience of project management, public relations, and strategic planning. It is essential that they have previous experience of managing large multi-disciplinary teams, financial accounting including forecasting budgets, and maximising income and cash flow, along with an understanding of human resources (HR).
We are looking for a confident and resilient individual with excellent communication skills. It is essential that the new manager can ensure that the practice continues to run smoothly, working closely with the Network 8 Primary Care Network (PCN) and the GP care group, and exploring further opportunities for collaborative working. They will also ensure that the building is utilised effectively, review the staffing structure, and propose and implement change where required.
Individuals should be adaptable and able to understand and respond to the diverse and dynamic nature of the role, being able to balance the needs of the practice with the ever-changing challenges of providing healthcare.
The partners are innovative and forward thinking, and always open to continuing the development of future systems that support excellent patient care and staff wellbeing. We would welcome a manager who will lead this process, being involved in putting forward plans and proposals and implementing them when required.
Previous primary care management experience is not essential for this role; however, individuals without previous primary care experience will have to demonstrate transferable knowledge and skills. For more information or to apply for this post please send your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Tuesday 2nd August 2022
St Pauls Way Medical Centre- Patient Assistant Supervisor
To support the Partners and CEO in delivering the Vision, Mission and Values of the Practice In particular to have responsibility for
- Team Supervision
- Supervision of day to day workload of the PAT
- Contact with patients in reception, through phones or via digital means
- Engagement with patients
- Continuity of care
- Quality and audit
The post holder occupies a particular position of responsibility and trust, as they have access to sensitive patient, staff and business information. The post holder should have excellent organisational skills and have the ability to work as part of a team and also on their own initiative.
Main duties of the job
- Team Supervision
- Supervise the Patient Assistant Team
- Ensure that the Patient Assistant Team provides an excellent service and meets all agreed targets
- Be prepared to work as a member of the team at all times to support the delivery of service and to act as a role model
- Provide an excellent first experience of the service by a professional and welcoming manner whenever in contact with patients in person, on the phone or through electronic communication
- Encourage patients to engage with the practice through making comments and suggestions via different mediums of communications
- Encourage participation in the patient reference group and play an active role in ensuring the group is relevant, accessible and able to influence the way services are delivered
- Actively promote the patient questionnaire and other ways of getting patient feedback and deal with patient complaints
- Take responsibility for the patient experience, the quality of information, the quality of the waiting area. Seek and act on patient suggestions for improving services
- Support and develop patient engagement activities and in particular support all activities devoted to increasing the amount of patient self-management
Based in East London and rated Outstanding by CQC we are large teaching practice which consists of 8 GPs, 4 nurses, 2 pharmacist, 4 Physician Associates and other health care professionals, we offer the London Living Wage to all our front line staff and support teams on personal development and have great support structures internally to support the busy environment we work in
please visit our website for further information about our services and who we are
Closing date: Sunday 31st July 2022
Merchant Street Practice- Experienced Healthcare Assistant X2
With the advanced development of Primary Care Health Networks (PCNs) in Tower Hamlets, Mile End East Bromley by Bow CIC (MEEBBB) are looking for a highly motivated, innovative person to join our General Practice Teams as a PCN Healthcare Assistant.
We are looking for an enthusiastic experienced Healthcare Assistant to join the PCN to support the catch up on long-term condition reviews after the pandemic and clear the backlog. The focus of this role is to support housebound patients who are vulnerable, have co-morbidities and complex health needs, which are not always met in a timely fashion.
Main duties of the job
- To support practices (Bromley by Bow/XX Place, St Andrews, St Paul’s Way, and Wellington Way) in the Network to achieve QOF (*1), LES (*2), and DES (*3) targets for patients that are housebound and on the complex integrated care (IC) list. These patients will have a named Care Co-ordinator, HCA and Clinician. They have complex health needs e.g., are palliative, have dementia, live in care homes or are housebound, and often, multiple long term conditions.
- You will support the Primary Care Network (PCN) teams to catch up and maintain long-term condition management post pandemic and to help the primary care network (PCN) to achieve its targets for adult immunisation and cardiovascular health programmes.
- You will visit housebound patients for routine monitoring who are vulnerable, have co-morbidities and complex health needs which are not always met in a timely fashion.
- You will work collaboratively with the multi-disciplinary general practice team to meet the needs of patients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures.
MEEBBB Health CIC has been established for 12 years and employs a number of staff for member practices. In 2010 the then Primary Care Trust, Local Medical Council and GP surgeries in Tower Hamlets set up Networks composed of member practices linked to a Network Incentive Scheme (NIS) as a contract for additional work over and above their standard GP contracts; this has now changed to the LES (Local Enhanced Services). The reason for establishing the PCNs was due to the high levels of deprivation in the borough, and to address the chronic underfunding in primary care.
Closing date: Friday 22nd July 2022
Urgent Treatment Centre
Advanced level nurse or paramedic. Able to prescribe. Has MSc or PG Diploma. Able to manage complexity. Follows the four pillars of advanced practice
Advanced level nurse or paramedic. Able to prescribe. Has obtained university based modules in advanced practice either in minor illness or minor injury.
Band 6 Nurse
Senior nurse who is able to coordinate a shift. Is able to help with managing the nursing and HCA team. Helps with assessing the patients on arrival and maintaining patient flow through the centre.
Health Care Assistant
Helps the senior nurse with patient assessments including observations, ECGs and urine testing. Works closely with the Early Senior Assessor in maintaining patient flow through the centre.
Supports Urgent Treatment Centre and Single Point of Access. Books in patients. Completes referrals. Supports General Practitioners and Nursing team.
Please email Julie (Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org) or Kuda (email@example.com) for all nursing vacancy
Please email Shuzahan Choudhury (Shuzahan.firstname.lastname@example.org) for Care navigator vacancy