Making Every Contact Count (MECC) is about encouraging and helping people to make healthier lifestyle choices to achieve positive long-term behaviour change
Frontline staff working in Tower Hamlets have excellent relationships with their patients and service users and therefore have valuable opportunities to help them make decisions that bring positive changes to their lives. However, it is not always easy for staff to do this and they might not be aware of local services available to support the changes they want to make.
What is being offered?
A bespoke half day training programme to support staff to develop the relevant knowledge, skills, and confidence to be able to deliver behaviour change interventions through effective conversations, resulting in signposting to relevant local services. It is about connecting with the public and using the appropriate language to do this effectively.
By attending this workshop, you will:
- Get an understanding of what MECC is all about and the positive impact it can have on health and wellbeing
- Learn a simple MECC technique to help people make healthier lifestyle changes
- Be able to use interactions with patients or service users as an opportunity to identify an issue and encourage behaviour change
- Learn key health messages related to smoking, alcohol, healthy eating, physical activity, and sexual and mental health
- Receive information on signposting to other services for support
More session coming soon..