Revalidation for Practice Nurses: what do employers need to know and do?
Employers of nurses are called upon to support the revalidation agenda, but some employers are not sure what it means or what demands will be made upon the organisation. Ruth Walters (Nurse Practitioner at Island Health) and Vicky Souster (GP Care Group Education and Development Manager) will lead the discussions and share resources and information. If there are large numbers present this will be done in groups.
- After the session, which will be informal, PMs and GP employers should be able to describe
- What is different about Revalidation and PREP (the old system for updating and renewing knowledge)
- How they can support revalidation via good appraisal systems
- How to support people where there is no senior nurse to have a professional discussion with
- Where they can find the information about revalidation that they need.
Target audience: GPs and Practice Managers.