To provide managers and supervisors with the skills and tools to conduct effective staff appraisals.
The approach will be flexible and interactive, using a range of methods including ‘chalk and talk’, scenarios, group discussions and activities, in a safe and confidential environment. The session will cover: -
- The appraisal process and its links withperformance management, personal development plans (PDP) and continuing professional development (CPD
- The benefits of appraisal
- Sharing experiences
- Effective communication skills for preparing for and conducting appraisals
- Preventing and dealing with common problems that may arise during an appraisal process
- Setting SMARTER objectives.
- By the end of the course, participants will have:
- An increased understanding of appraisal and its role in giving feedback on work performance and improving that performance
- Greater knowledge for preparing and conducting appraisal
- A recognition of the importance of good communication skills
- The tools for developing action plans and PDPs for CPD.