This half day course is an introductory session to raise awareness of mental health. It is designed to give:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- A basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health
- Confidence to interact with someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Insight into the two day course and the benefits of becoming a Mental Health First Aider
What will I learn?
The Adult MHFA LITE course is an introductory 4 hour mental health awareness course.
By the end of the course you'll be able to:
- Define mental health and some common mental health issues
- Identify stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues
- Relate to people's experiences and support people in distress
- Look after your own mental health.
How will I learn?
This 4 hour session will be a mix of presentations, group interaction, and activities. Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, there is a limited number of places available per course. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some parts particularly difficult. Where possible we will engage service users to learn from 'lived experience'.
You'll receive an Adult MHFA LITE manual that you can take away with you at the end of the session and an attendance certificate will be emailed to you from MHFA England following attendance at the course. Late joiners and early leavers will not be issued an attendance certificate.
Who can attend the course?
The course is for everyone aged 16 and above. You do not require any qualifications or experience in mental health to take part. Registration is MANDATORY.
How much will it cost?
The course is valued at £125 Per Person. However we currently are offering discounted rate until December 2018.
There are also a limited number of fully funded places available fully funded for public sector and voluntary sector workers in North East London.
Courses can also be delivered in house in your organisation at discounted rates. Please do get in touch with us for further details.
How do I book onto a course?
Please click on the course date to register your place: (please note we sometimes have courses that run simultaneously at different venues)