THIS TRAINING IS OPEN TO TOWER HAMLETS STAFF
Delivered by Angela Nagle RN. ANP. INP Clinical Tutor. GPCG.
Angela has been a Clinical Mentor since 2010. Angela works clinically as an Independent Advanced Nurse Practitioner in general practice and specialises in addressing poor access provision in general practice via a bespoke nurse led triage and first contact service. Prior to this Angela worked as a practice nurse in Essex and has a background in hospital acute care.
Venue: Education Centre, Mile End Hospital
Who should attend? :
Nurses who have completed the 2 day cytology training and who require an update as per NHSCSP guidelines ( a minimum of one half days training every three years)
Prior knowledge and experience of professional standards and delivery of patient care is required.
What is covered? :
- NHS Cancer Screening Programme.
- Equality of Access - women with disabilities.
- A review of some commonly presenting sexual health conditions and management in Primary care.
- Current developments in the cervical screening programme
- Changes to local screening policies and proceedures.
- Case studies - please bring examples of issues you would like to discuss with your peers.
Assessment: please bring evidence of your personal audit of the last 20 cytology tests you have done in your practice.
Sucsessful attendees will receive a certificate of attendance